Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Prayer

I've been having a tough time with some things in life and recently I've been praying about the issues seeking comfort, guidance and direction. I find that I'm blessed in that I feel like get my answers/reassurances fairly quickly and clearly... most of the time.
Growing up I was taught to pray every morning, night, before meals and throughout the day. Honestly, for me anyway, that is a bit much. So, I pray whenever I feel like it. Sometimes it's daily or it can be monthly. Sometimes it's when I'm walking down the hall, washing dishes or actually kneeling. Just depends.
Sometimes my prayers are more of a pleading nature and rarely they are of utter sadness/disappointment. Most of the time though it's me just asking for guidance. I need that extra help in knowing what I'm supposed to do.
On Saturday when I was driving home in that horrid rain storm I pulled over and prayed for safety and sure enough I made it home safely. I know some people would say that it was just luck or destiny but I think any extra help is always welcomed!

So, right now I will be sure to pray tonight and express my gratitude for the additional guidance/reassurance/comfort I have had recently. 

Do you pray?

*** All photos are from my trip to Temple Square 
in Salt Lake City Utah May 2009***

No comments:

Post a Comment