Friday, October 18, 2013

Volunteer?

For once in my life.... well work life... Friday didn't actually suck! Having a good day sure makes transitioning into the weekend a whole lot easier! I didn't have any issues that were glaring me in the face which made leaving on time all the better!

My sister and I had been texting because I wanted to know what she wanted for her upcoming birthday. She said that she wanted me to make dog biscuits for the Humane Society. Mrs. America answer right? Anyway, once I got home I called the Salem Humane Society and the Oregon Humane Society during their business hours and at both places no one answered. I had wanted to ask if home made dog biscuits could be accepted. I then decided that maybe I could volunteer my time at a local farm sanctuary and sent them an e-mail inquiring. Update: the farm sanctuary can use help tomorrow at 2 pm if anyone wants to come volunteer with me. Contact me for more details. :)

Right after sending the email and right before I was about to clean my apartment Brittany texted me asking if I could take care of her four legged babies. I headed to her house and fed all of the animals, tended to our craved pumpkins (they have to sprayed with bleach water to help them last longer), and took Toby potty. I seriously love Toby!
Once I got home I began to clean my apartment but found myself trying to talk myself out of it. I decided that if I was talking to someone while I cleaned it would distract me. I decided to call my aunt Macrina because I miss her and I just love her! We ended up talking for almost an hour.
This is my aunt Macrina and I at the Joseph Smith Memorial 
building March 2011 right before I had to leave for the airport.
 
As I continued to clean my apartment Nicole, whom I had been playing telephone tag, called and we were able to talk for a bit. She filled me on her pregnancy. I'm so happy for her and her husband! They will make a cute little family! Sometimes I feel out of place because I'm so far from ever being pregnant but none the less I'm thrilled for Nicole! 
 This is probably my favorite picture of Nicole and I-it's form my Utah 
visit in March 2011 while we were exploring Provo.

After everything was all tidy in my apartment I began the process of making some of the Halloween decorations for work. In order to #1 save money and #2 reuse items I cut up some paper grocery bags so I can use the paper for making tree trunks. If you are confused by this it will make sense once the Halloween pictures are up. Just know that I'm preparing a lot of stuff this weekend.

I hope you had a good Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment