Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Orville Roth

On Monday morning I had opened my facebook account and the Statesman Journal had posted that local businessman, Orville Roth, had passed away while on vacation with his family in Hawaii the night before.

Orville Roth co-founded the Roth's grocery chain in the Willamette Valley. The first Roth's store is just down the road from me and I can say that I shop there at least two times a week.

Orville was a man who loved his community! On the weekends if I went to the store in the morning he would be there greeting customers and be entertaining kids.

This year's pet parade here in town he was the Grand Marshall.... I found these photos of him:


 Always wearing his black bow tie and green blazer!

I'm sorry for his family's loss, for his employee's loss and the community's loss. He will be missed and I'm glad I had the chance to meet and chat with him several times.

You can read more here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment