Monday, October 7, 2013

LIfe is a beach


I headed over to my sister, Heather’s house so we could car pool on the way to the coast. It was an exciting ride in that my sister tends to tailgate…. I love her but the rides with her are always more fun when she is behind the wheel!

Once we were at the beach we called my little brother, Brandon and his girlfriend, Becky, to get an ETA. They were going to be awhile so Heather and I window-shopped for a while. There were these super cool/cute mosaics along the side walk. These are some of my favorites!






With Betty Boop... no biggie!

I like to get my Grandma post cards of the places I go to so finding the right post card was a drawn out process. It had to be just right! I also wanted to find a store that had sand castle building supplies… ie pail and shovel! I found a store that had all sand castle toys 20% off so I bought a cute set!

Heather and I also had to stop in a shop to get some salt-water taffy. We also stopped at a coffee shop. I got a pumpkin latte and Heather got a peaches and cream Italian soda. Yummy!

I was getting anxious to get down to the water as the annual kite festival was winding down. Once we made it to the parking lot I was all gung ho to get my feet in the sand so I booked down to the water while Heather stayed in the car for a bit to call Brandon and Becky to get an updated ETA.

Something I feel you must know about me is…. I’m ALWAYS prepared! I brought a beach towel, sunscreen, sunglasses, camping chair, water bottle, and snacks. I was the only one in our group who bought items…. more about this later.

Heather and I played in the sand of a bit while waiting for Brandon and Becky to arrive in between watching the kites. 











 
Once we were all together it was time to get down to business and make an actual sand castle. I made a sand compound while Heather, Brandon and Becky made a mermaid that turned into a mummy. Hey Halloween is coming up, right?

 My sand castle... looks like a compound!


Heather, Brandon, and Becky went down to the water while I (whom was prepared!) sat in my chair wrapped up comfortably enjoying the ocean breeze and kite display. Heather, Brandon and Becky were hungry for dinner so we left a lot earlier than I was anticipating. I obviously came prepared and wanted to stay out on the water for a bigger chunk of time then they all did. 










Oh well. I dipped my toes in the water, packed up and we all loaded up towards dinner. 






 We drove to Newport and walked around the boardwalk. 





 All snuggled up!
 I'm 99% sure she is pregnant!



After walking around the boardwalk and making sure to stop by a candy store for more salt water taffy and sea foam for me we headed to dinner. 

 I ordered a draft root beer but the waitress also brought me a very tiny house beer.

 This was as close as the beer was getting to me. It smelled awful!

 Becky and Brandon. I like that they are dating! Becky is just perfect for 
Brandon! They are just so dang adorable!

 Heather and I. We are 100% related but I swear I was switched at the hospital. I don't think we look alike at all. Heather and I have the same dad but Heather and Brandon look just each other. I'm the odd one out! However, I'm lucky to have her as MY big sister!

Heather and I drove down to Corvallis to see Brandon and Becky's new apartment. I'm so proud of them and all of their accomplishments.There new place is cozy and nice. And hey it's probably 10 times the size of my apartment! Oh and Brandon got me Microsoft Office 2011.... I've been geeking out since! 

On the way back home with Heather we got into a heated argument. The topic was end of life decisions. I'm the only in my family that works in medicine so my family doesn't understand where I'm coming from and why I want certain things done if heaven forbid anything should happen to me. I'm sure I didn't present where I was coming from well so I know that didn't help at all. Heather and I have VERY different views on this topic but I hope she knows that I respect her choices and I hope I didn't upset her too much. I feel like I put my foot in my mouth. Damn it! C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment