Monday, October 7, 2013

Sabotage

Oh Monday.... we meet again....

Work was pleasant enough and the patients I did assist with were all in a good mood. 


After work I went to the grocery store to get a few items for dinner. A little girl who was probably 8 or 9 was stomping up and down aisle playing with a candy. She didn't seem to upset but was obviously in her own little world. I was pushing my cart down the aisle and I could hear her stomping right behind me. I glanced over my shoulder and I could see her that her Mom was distracted with another even smaller little one. I thought that maybe the little girl was playing don't step on the cracks or something based on the way she was playing in the store. The little girl continued on right behind me. I stopped my cart, looked and very nicely said "do you need to go past me?" She seemed shocked that I stopped and disrupted her play. She looked up at me and said, "No, I'm fine." She stayed in the same area of aisle while I continued on. The whole exchange just seemed odd to me. Maybe it was because I have never really had to talk to anyone at the store, except for the occasional excuse me. Have you ever had to interact with someone else's kiddo at the store? 

After the store I headed to Brittany's house to check on her four legged babies. Toby was as charming as ever! Coal came close to getting yelled for not being quite. You must understand that Coal loves to hear himself meow.... even if it slowly drives you nuts! Every time I would stop making dinner and go to tell him off he would immediately flop to he ground and bat at the wall. He would also work his charms. Little stinker!

I made mashed potatoes, chicken, steamed carrots/peas, and gravy. Everything was from scratch except for the peas.... they came from the freezer section! I need to work on my gravy abilities.... this batch was too salty.... I do know where I went wrong and hopefully I won't screw up again!

Now it's time for bed.... see ya Monday... oh it 's music Monday...

Enjoy: Sabotage -sometimes you just need some Beastie boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment