Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Juicing

I'm still doing research on my whole diet thing but I think I have it figured it out sort of... juice for snacks and at least part of one meal. Then also no sugar and reduced carbs. Plus I have been slacking in the water department so bottoms up on more H2O. I find that I still get hungry really quickly after drinking the juice. So, more H2O and more filling foods for me. I just want a faster easier to get in some of my produce and I want to be healthy, more alert and slimmer!

Work was fine and I was able to talk to Vicky about Halloween ideas which was nice. When I leave next month for my new position I'm going to miss her so much! 

After work I went to the store and loaded up on produce. Once I got home I raked the area where I park because my landlord has pretty much forgotten about us tenants. There were so many leaves that I had to leave massive piles around the yard after the yard debris bin was full. 

I decided to juice a lot all at once because when I juices yesterday it was quite the production... smart to do more at once right??? Well..... no. Regardless of how much you juice the mess factor is always there! Because I juiced so much the mess factor was epic! Here is my before shot. I had a hard time getting everything to fit on my butcher block cart. Random note... I don't have counters so this is my ONLY counter space!

I filled my sink to wash all of the produce all at once. I called my sister to wish her a happy birthday and she told me to add some white vinegar to the sink to help with the washing process. She also suggested  that I just place the produce in the water/vinegar and come back in an hour becasue all of the dirt would have settled in the bottom by then. I was in patient and ended up swirling everything to wash it.
Placing all of the produce in the sink was fun because I knew all of the produce 
was good for me and I was starving! Oh I also have a utility sink so it's SUPER deep!
 Hello lovelies!
 The carafes which will be become my best friends and of course the juicer.
 See all of the yucky stuff that was left in the sink. Eeeww!
These are 64 ounces carafes are filled with: 
4 apples
2 lemons
2 pears
2 large bunches spinach
10 kale leaves
2 cucumbers
1 large celery stalk
20 carrots
=
YUMMY!
 
Wish me luck on the beginning of this journey to a healthier me! These next 6 months are going to be challenging on me for sure. For one I start a new job and secondly I'm really trying hard to be healthier and more active. I'm waking up an hour earlier tomorrow morning to hopefully make breakfast and stretch/yoga. Baby steps in becoming healthier.
 
My sister just texted some exciting big news but I will keep you all in suspense until I hear more from her. Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment