Wednesday, October 16, 2013

BIG news!

Are you ready for the big announcements?????

Ready now?

How about now?

Ok, ok, ok I will tell you.....

First off I have to tell you that I have decided this year's Halloween theme for work. Brace yourself...

SLEEPING BEAUTY! 

After hearing that not all staff were willing to participate at a level that I needed I was able to decide that having five characters that were majorly involved would be best. So, here is the line up:

Yours truly will play Aurora aka Sleeping beauty-this is my 1st time playing the main character!
Vicky-blue fairy
Karina-green fairy
Janet-red fairy
Amy (I'm hoping!)-Maleficent

Then Rayanna will be an owl and the other Melissa will be a bunny. I'm still trying to figure the other forest creatures. Oh and if it all works out I might have a bunny there... a REAL bunny!

As far as props go I want a castle, stained glass windows, a spindle, and a giant forest. I have so many ideas running through my head but now I need everyone to help gather supplies so it can all come together. I looked up costumes for myself last night and they are way over priced! I can however order a 'sexy' costume for dirt cheap but that would be scary to see me in that! EEK! So, Vicky and I are going to piece something together! I will most likely be blogging more about this whole process so brace yourself!

Now onto the big announcement...

I have accepted the position of office assistant at home health on our campus. I start in mid November.

I needed a place where I could advance. In my current position the only way to advance would be to go back to school and I can't do that. So, in order to further myself within the company I had to make the decision to move on. I found out yesterday that I was selected for the position but I needed to let my co-workers know before I said anything on here. I will miss my fellow co-workers so much! We are a little family and I can say that I love them! It was very hard to tell them. Most were happy for me but a few people reactions surprised me. During our staff meeting it was brought up that I was leaving and that is when it became real that I was actually leaving. I know it was my choice but I also know that it will be hard at first to leave. I'm committed to leaving on a positive, happy, and healthy note so I'm going to continue to be positive about all of this HUGE growing experience! I know my new position will challenge me and make me wonder why I left but I need to move on. This is something for me. 

That was pretty much my day. Sigh. Now onto figuring out what to make for dinner... any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment