Thursday, October 17, 2013

Almost Friday

Whew... what a day! I stayed up way too late last night.... 2 am! Geez! I got sucked into a TV show! Two huge coffees and I was good to go!

Today at work a lot of Halloween ideas were discussed, plans were finalized and roles were assigned.

I called Fidelity today at lunch and had to wait 29 minutes for my turn! Back story first- I had a meeting awhile back to discuss retirement plans. The gentleman whom was helping me made an error and could not correct it when we were meeting in regards to my contribution amount. I had emailed Fidelity about the error and did not hear back. I sent two more follow up emails and still nothing. Then last week another representative form Fidelity was on campus and I was instructed to call the main offices. I called yesterday and they were all in a staff meeting. So, today after 29 minutes I was told that the 3% and 5% that I had been discussing awhile back was entered as 35%!!! The error can't be switched for a few pay periods so for a little while I'm stressing about it. I explained to the woman on the phone that this was no acceptable and she told me "it's just 35%," and I told her that she didn't live in my shoes! Come on people!

I can already feel a shift in my personality because I'm leaving my current position soon. I just have to be careful to watch my tone and choose my words carefully-I catch myself being more free with my words which is not always the best. Like I said yesterday I'm determined to move into my new position in a healthy and positive manner while only leaving good memories behind.

After work I needed to pick up some free boxes to use towards props for Halloween so Vicky volunteered to help me. I had a bag in my car with a flyer stapled onto a grocery bag asking for donations to the local food bank. Vicky saw the flyer and all on her own opened her wallet and gave me $20 towards helping the local food bank. Her humbleness and kindness are so sweet!

So, after re-arranging boxes for props I went to Roth's to buy $20 worth of food items to donate. I was able to purchase 3 boxes of spaghetti noodles, 3 jars of spaghetti sauce, 2 HUGE bags of cereal, 10 cans of tuna fish and 6 cans of soup. When I was checking out the cashier noticed that I was holding the flyer for the food bank. He asked if the items that were being purchased were all for the food bank. I told him yes. He was taken back by it. The person behind me in line over heard what I was doing and asked if they could run back and grab some more items to donate as well. I handed them the flyer while they grabbed a few items to purchase all on their own. I ended up spending more than the $20 but I felt happy to help-all thanks to Vicky starting something! The store had a large bin by the exit so I was able to just leave the bag in the bin. I'm excited to tell Vicky tomorrow that her $20 went a lot further!

I made lemon cookies tonight and they didn't turn out as good as I remember them being. I think it's becasue I made them by hand instead of using the electric mixer. Hmm.... oh well they still taste fine. I also chopped up one yellow onion, three cloves of garlic, two stalks of celery, and two carrots.... I'm thinking of making stew this weekend!

I have this song on repeat right now while I sip my sleepytime tea. Night :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment