Sunday, October 20, 2013

Heather's Birthday!

I started my day kind of late because my bed is way too comfy! Once I woke up I called Karina to arrange a time for us to go shopping for Halloween costumes/decorations. We set a time and then I had to have a coffee to wake up. Oh by the way I have perfected the best pumpkin pie spice latte-it's legit! 

I picked up Karina and we headed to goodwill to search for the perfect costumes. Karina found most of her costume for her under $10 and I found part of mine for $15. We also found Vicky's costume and part of Janet's. I don't want to tell you everything because I love surprises! We then headed to the dollar store and pretty much found everything we needed on our list. There are a few items I still can't quite find/piece together but I still have time... well sort of! Karina and I dropped some stuff off at work and then I took her home. 

After getting home it was time to leave again for Heather's birthday dinner family gathering. I packed up her cake very carefully and drove super slow. Once we were all together we jumped back into our cars and headed to downtown Portland for dinner. 

I drove up by myself to my parents. Heather, Edgar, Brandon, and Becky all drove together. When we drove up to the restaurant I went with my parents. Heather, Edgar, Brandon and Becky all drove together. Going from the restaurant back to my parent's it was the same story. Leaving my parent's it was again the same story. I know I'm having a small pity party but I wish I had more in common with everyone, especially my siblings. They all talk about work and their retail jobs. I try talking about my job but no can relate or seems interested. 

Most of the time I feel left out but I'm learning that this is the way things are going to be and not pout about but to just move on. I do however feel like I need to acknowledge my feelings-on here I suppose. Maybe I'm also feeling left out because again (as always it seems like!) I'm still single where everyone else has someone. Darn this single business!

Heather wanted BBQ for dinner. The servings were huge! We ordered a family feast for four but it fed the seven of us AND we had leftovers! Heather accidentally got BBQ sauce on Edgar's white shirt. Oops! 

 Brandon working on a beef rib. I took this picture right after he took a bite.
 My parents.
 Once we were back at my parent's house my Mom had
 to show me her fourth child-Bentley the hamster.
 Heather with her owl cake.
 Singing to her.
 I made Brandon a pot of beef stew to take home.
All of us kiddos! I'm happy to have such a protective, kind, and strong 
willed big sister! HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHER!!!

I also borrowed my parent's juicer.... BEWARE.... I'm going a diet.... well at least I'm going to make one hell of an attempt at getting skinner. I'm the biggest I have ever been and that is just gross! I looked back at old photos of myself and I liked the way I looked in 2011 so that is my goal.... to look like I did in 2011 or hey even smaller!

No comments:

Post a Comment