Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pumpkins

Saturday started out with getting a text message stating it was pumpkin patch time. When I was ready Brittany, Kevin and Toby picked me up. They had been waiting in their car for five minutes and the battery died. I have a hybrid so I couldn't jump their car. So, I took Kevin back to his house so he could get his to jump Brittany's car. Once everyone's car were running and everything was settled we headed to the pumpkin patch.

On the way to pumpkin patch we were invited to lunch at the Ram in Salem with some of Brittany and Kevin's college friends. We had lunch, they all chatted, and I tried to keep up with the conversation. 

After lunch it was time for the pumpkin patch. On the way to the Pumpkin patch I started getting a major headache. It donned on me that I hadn't had coffee yet.... it's official... I'm addicted! Look out world!

As soon as we made it to the pumpkin patch I immediately got a caramel latte and all was right in the world. The pumpkin patch was hosting a dog days so there were dog activities everywhere. 

There was an area for bobbing for tennis balls. Toby didn't quite get the concept but a blood hound did. 


There was an area for the dogs to run around and play with one another. 
We decided to do the maze but sadly the winds had damaged so much of the maze that we were unable to complete it. We did our best though. 




 After the corn maze we went to look at pumpkins. I have been Christmas tree shopping with Kevin and Brittany twice so I knew they had to find the best pumpkins no matter how long it took. There were a lot of contenders and a lot of discussions before they finally figured out all of the pumpkins. I putted around and found one eventually. 
With a full wheel barrel it was time to head back to the festival area.  
I had purchased one ticket so I could use the paint ball but the line was long and the other attraction I was interested involved a cannon… gun or really big gun. Aka cannon. Obvious choice right? So, if my corncob hit a pumpkin I would get a coupon for a free ice cream. 

So far only a few people had been successful. Well, my shot was pretty darn close! I didn’t make it but it was a fun cannon!

I then got Toby to climb on the haystack with me. I went down the slide… obvious choice! 
On the way out I grabbed a gallon of apple cider and some pastries. We headed to Toby's house for craving. 

 
Gutting the pumpkins! 
 
Mine before. 
Mine after. 
Working on there's.
Dewey was in love with my pile of stuff.
Toby was all tuckered out. 
The top of Brittany's pumpkin made another pumpkin!
Kevin, Brittany and their animal's pumpkins before. 
Kevin, Brittany and their animal's pumpkins after.

Once all the pumpkins were settled and we had our dinner in front of us it was time to watch the OSU Beaver game.... spoiler alert... they won! 

What are your fall traditions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment