Thursday, October 10, 2013

Stress

Back story first....

I live in a large home that has been converted into several apartments. I live on the second floor with a shared staircase with two other apartments. One of the apartments is empty but in the other one lives my neighbor who chooses to smoke heavily and drink even more. I'm pretty sure I have vented about her before..... if you choose to keep yourself inebriated 24/7 then you get the consequences of it 24/7... NOT ME! Well, this morning I opened my door and found my neighbor laying on the stairs. 

Me: "Are you okay?"
Neighbor: "I'm just resting."
Me: "Can you get up?"

While she got herself into a seated position I called my landlord and asked that she please call my neighbor's emergency contact and vented about the entire situation. Once I knew her emergency contact was on the way and that she was stable in sitting I left. Call me a bitch for not helping more but she needs to live somewhere with a level entrance. I choose to live here and I choose not be someone's caregiver.

Work was rough. Ugh. There was a small wellness fair which basically had vendors available for us employees to get information on benefits, access to services and brochures. I learned a whole lot about next year's health insurance plan and basically I've decided that I can't afford to get sick.

I keep typing more and more of the stressful stuff but I know I can't share it on here. I type and then immediately delete it. I need a way to cope with the crap that happens but in a healthier manner than eating my feelings... yes... it happens.... I'm just brave enough to admit it. I need an outlet and I thought this blog would fix that but I find that I can't get the whole story out.... and it drives me bonkers! How do you relieve your life/home/work/family stress?

No comments:

Post a Comment