Friday, October 4, 2013

October First Friday

Today was .... dare I say it  ..... a pleasant day at work! Gasp! I haven't had one of those in a long time! The day went by quickly and for me at least uneventfully....which is always good... oh except I forgot to mention that I won a gift certificate! It's from a walking challenge that some of us participated in. I had won other gift certificates a few years ago for a similar competition and hopefully I now have enough to get a new pair of danskos (super spendy work shoes).

After work I went to Brittany's house and took care of her animals. Let's face it I love Toby and I wanted to see the little bugger! I then went back to my house and put some jeans on before heading out to first Friday.

Every first Friday of the month the stores stay open late, their (is that the proper there/their?) is live music and yummy food all throughout downtown. My co-workers and I try to get together and have dinner. We always end up laughing way too hard and having too much fun!

Vicky, Diana, Denevae, and Rhett. 

Karina and I. She is pretty freaking awesome! 

Karina's hubby, Steve and his awesome self portrait. 

Everyone decided that his picture needed to be displayed..... 
this was after everyone else had a lot of drinks! 

Buddies! 

This how they ALWAYS behave!

There was a guy who went up the jute box and selected three songs..... ALL OF MY FAVORITE SONGS! Just so you know I listen to music 24/7 except for work. Music is my life! I couldn't find him but I'm telling you he was marriage material! Just kidding..... seriously though he had the exact songs that I LOVE!

After dinner and after some people went home the group continued to the chocolate store down the street for dessert. While at the store I got a dark chocolate truffle that happened to be shaped like a kitty. When I went to take a picture of the chocolate kitty the owner decided that we need to plate the chocolate.... what a sweet lady! 

 My dessert and I. 

Close up of the chocolate kitty. 

 Close up of the chocolate kitty.

After we got our chocolates Nikki, Karina, Steve and I headed outside. I was going to eat my chocolate kitty but Nikki kept making meow sounds and said that I was going to eat a cat. 

We were all laughing so hard. I laughed so hard I was crying! A woman whom happens to walk her therapy dog, Charlie, by my house every day and whom I wave to every day walked by just as Nikki said that I ate cats. The woman hurried into the art gallery with Charlie. I approached her and told her that we were talking about the chocolate I had just purchased. She looked puzzled and pulled Charlie closer to her. Awesome. Now she thinks I actually eat cats. Oh goodness! We all had a good laugh about it and I ate the chocolate anyway!

Nikki was cracking up the whole time!

What a fun way to end the day! How was your Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment