Monday, October 21, 2013

Wrecking Ball

Today was AWESOME at work! I got everything done, projects completed on time, got a hold of people (vendors/MD offices) with minimal effort, and got to leave on time! I also think having such a gorgeous day outside helps a lot! Karina and I went for a walk at lunch which was nice with all of the fall colors! 

When I was checking my mail at home this was in my mailbox. It was a package, sort of, it didn't have a stamp or any address information on it.
I thought it was a letter from a secret admirer at first which both thrilled and scared me all at once. Then I thought that maybe it was a letterbox clue from either: Brittany or Amy. Then I let my thoughts go crazy and convinced myself it was from a secret crush.... geez! 

I opened it and found a post card inside. It was from my former neighbor neighbor, Mona. She recently moved out. Anyway I'm not posting a photo of what she said on here but basically that it was fun being neighbors and best wishes in my future. How nice of her! I like random small surprises!
I need to do some research into the whole diet/juice/cleanse that I want to start. I need to figure out will work best, what to use, and what not to use. When I came home I immediately turned on the juicer. I juiced: 8 large carrots, 1 whole lemon, 2 small apples, 1 small pear, 4 stalks of celery, and 2 handfuls of spinach. It made 32 ounces and I downed it. It tasted fine but the acid from the lemon upset my tummy a bit so I learned that next time to use half of a lemon. I was super full for a long time which was nice. I like fruits and veggies but chewing them takes so long and my jaw starts to hurt. Later on in the evening I was starving.... gotta do more research on that too. Still learning. 

After cleaning the juicer I went to Karina's house so we could go for a walk. We walked all around town and even saw Rhett. Karina is so sweet and such a good motivator. She got me to jog.... granted it was only a block or two at the very most! We ended up walking up Oak street and watched some deer decide if they wanted to cross the road or not. While walking up Oak street I kept squeezing my cheeks (yes bottom cheeks!) together so I could avoid my hip flexors from hurting tomorrow but in the process I got.... wait for it... wait for it..... a cramp in my butt muscle!!! We had just crossed the street with cars buzzing by and I doubled over and cried while Karina was trying to talk me through how to stretch the muscle. I was flaying and moaning for what seemed like forever until the muscle FINALLY gave way and relaxed. Luckily we were close to her house. I have NEVER experienced pain like that in my life.... I'm a wimp!

After Karina's house I headed home and google'd exercises on how to help stretch the muscle in my hinnie but I wasn't having much luck. I called Brittany (she's also a PT like Karina) and asked for help. In the process of telling Brittany I was laughing so hard I was crying. Brittany kept laughing at me too! I eventually was able to stretch the muscles but they are still tight! Geez Louise!

I'm making myself a to do list of things I need to get done before Halloween. The list is ever growing and I know that this is my last year with this group of therapists so I have to make it count! Go big or go home is my motto!

I'm sort of ashamed of my choice of song for music Monday but I like the song. I did watch the original youtube video but it's really not appropriate so I'm posting this link instead. The song is currently resenting with me because it reminds me of a certain person. More on that another day. 

Off to list land I go! Happy Monday to you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment