Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Roasted Squash

Roasted Butternut Squash:

Yet another recipe borrowed from The Pioneer Woman 
but I adjusted it because I'm such a picky eater! 

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. 

Wash, chop off the ends, remove the seeds, and then 
chop the butternut squash into little cubes.
Spray a 9X13 pan with non stick spray. If you have a cookie sheet then go for it. I don't have a cookie sheet large enough to fit the amount of squash I was using. I don't know if I mentioned it before but I live in a studio apartment which means I have a tiny kitchen!
Dump the chopped squash, 1/2 stick melted butter, 1/2 teaspoon both salt and pepper and 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic. Mix all around and bake for 40 minutes. I baked mine longer than Ree did because I used a baking pan not sheet-I think that's why it took so long.
As soon as it comes out of the oven sprinkle 1/4 cup 
freshly grated Parmesan cheese on.
I apparently can't sprinkle very well-as is evident 
by my very obvious white patches.
I ate mine over green salad leaves with dressing. For lunch tomorrow I made the same salad but I also added sliced almonds and chopped fresh pear..... looking forward to that! I also ate a bowl of just the squash warm. It's safe to say that I'm now in love with butternut squash!

No comments:

Post a Comment