Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Mix:
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
 Eggs, oil and sugar all mixed.
 I don't know if I mentioned this before but here it goes anyway. Back in September I made a bunch of pumpkin stuff but still had a lot of the puree left so I froze 1/2 cup portions in my freezer. I was happy to save the leftovers and today I was able to use it up. So, I defrosted one cup of pumpkin and mixed it with 1/4 cup water into the eggs/oil/sugar mix.
 All mixed together.
 In a separate bowl combine 1 and 1/2 cups flour, 1 and 3/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and 1 and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
 Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and mix. I find that if I coat the chips in the flour mixture it helps the chips not sink to the bottom of the batter therefore making the chips be evenly distributed amongst the muffin.
 Combine wet and dry ingredients.
 If you are not going to use liners spray the pan. I used my cookie ball scoop to get the batter evenly distributed in the pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool and try your best not to gobble them all up!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment