Saturday, September 28, 2013

We have to stop meeting this way

On Thursday I got a call from my friend/second Mom, Bonnie. She is in Utah visiting with my friend, Nicole (Bonnie's daughter). Did I loose ya? Anywhoo, Bonnie was sobbing on the phone and I couldn't understand a word she was saying. I have know Bonnie for almost 7 years and she has only ever cried twice in front of me... and both of those times were at funerals. So, I was expecting something really bad. Once she took a few deep breaths she was able to tell me that David, her youngest, had an accident at school where he cut the tip of his finger off while in shop class. She was so upset because being his momma she wasn't able to be there for him and she was so worried. Bonnie wanted me to make sure that all was well with David's finger so I promised her that after work I would go over to her house and see what was what. 
 
Once I pulled in to the driveway David came walking out towards my car holding his left hand up. He had a bandage on his left middle finger. So, it looked like he was intentionally flipping me off! I immediately gave David a hard time about flipping me off. We laughed it off and headed inside. David had a bunch of sweets, a sympathy card, a balloon and to add to his collection cookies from me. 


David and I have a tendency to get together when I'm needed in helping him with injuries. I made sure to tell David that we need to stop meeting this way.  The doctors at the emergency room wanted the bandage left on for 48 hours so I couldn't take a gander at it to report back to Bonnie but I was able to remind David to keep his arm elevated, take his medications and drink a lot of fluids.

After I had smooched on this cutie I headed home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment