Friday, September 13, 2013

The sky is falling (Tuesday 9/10/2013)

I woke up this morning and moseyed over the bridge trying my best to avoid school zones, school buses and crazy drivers. I have come to realize that I’m really a country girl in the sense that I’m no longer able to drive in the city without feeling like my guard has to be on ultra high!

The gal I share my job with Vicky, is on vacation for a few days this week so alas I was by myself. It’s tricky trying to get everything done, help everyone, and maintain a happy face when everything/everyone is pulling you in 8,654,722 directions at once! I do however recognize that we all need vacations=more house sitting gigs for me!

Upon returning to Buddy’s house we played fetch for the longest time. No matter where I moved around in the yard watering plants Buddy would keep an eye on me and be sure to bring his tennis ball back asap so he could keep playing. What a champ!

 

I’m currently snuggled up in bed but I’m a little terrified of the ceiling caving in on me. As I was getting ready for bed I thought I kept hearing a clicking sound come from the foot of the bed. My imagination took over and I convinced myself that someone was under the bed..... I know, I know... I’m over reacting! I went to lift up the dust ruffle and comforter and immediately noticed it was sopping wet. FYI: There was nothing under the bed. I thought maybe Buddy peed on the bed but right as I was going to do a smell test water dripped on me from the ceiling. Here’s the weird part... The ceiling fan which was turned off was dripping water from the fan blades, the light fixture, and the decorative pieces. The ceiling itself looks fine but this was weird. I also placed a towel on the floor/foot of bed to help catch the drops that sound like clicks. I called the owner whom I woke up (oops!) and filled her in. She thought that maybe the A/C which is in the attic above the room might be leaking. I was advised to turn off the A/C, which I did. She asked me to call a friend on the emergency contact sheet. Well, I left messages on his home and cell number and alas the ceiling is still leaking! I’m just hoping that nothing breaks, caves in, or kills me in my sleep. Fingers crossed!

Randomness: two years ago today the date was 9, 10, 11... I think it’s cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment