Friday, September 13, 2013

Home Sweet Home

What a productive day! I woke up super early. I had to do so because I needed to 'shut down' Buddy's house. Shutting down means: cleaning sheets, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms... basically making sure everything is clean so when the owners come home everything is purty! I also was so over hours at work that I could only work two hours so I wanted to maximize my day and get everything done. 

While I was writing a note to Buddy's humans telling them how awesome he was a man knocked on the window! I jumped out of my skin! Little back story.... the house has a 1/4 mile drive way in the middle of the country surrounded by cows and fields, the house has sensors that alert you when someone is at driveway, the gazebo etc, and Buddy seemed just as shocked as me! I went to the door and the man reached to open it. I quickly switched the lock not knowing what the hell he was doing! At that point he realized that he had scared me. He told me he was doing maintenance on the pool and just wanted me to know that he would be roaming around. Buddy remained growly, puffed up and kept barking loudly. I told him ok. I watched him walk down the drive way and then I moved around inside the house to see where he was going. The reason I didn't hear any of the sensors was that he had parked his truck in a field next to the fence line of the property. LIGHT-BULB! After realizing that somehow while walking up he missed the main sensors so thus he was legit. I called the owners just to be 200% sure. In fact he was. So, I left my note, smooched Buddy and was on my way.

I stopped at Starbucks on my way home and let me tell ya the Batista was mighty fine! He was seriously flirting probably wanting tips but it was fun none the less to flirt right back with his handsomeness!

Once I got home I unpacked my car, put everything away, sorted through my giant mail pile, paid bills and checked my e-mail. Surprisingly that whole process took me a few hours!

I headed to Oktoberfest early so I could mosey about with my friend, Linda. We scoped out our options and enjoyed a yummy lunch of potato pancakes, corn dogs and ice cream cones! Every year I get soap from the lavender booth. IT'S THE BEST!


Two bars of the citrus!



Two bars of the mint!


Two bars of the lavender!


And of course lemon lavender cookies!


The other thing I ALWAYS get is the Benedictine sister's coffee cake. It keeps me full all weekend for breakfast! 

After seeing all of the booths and food we headed back and then I went to work for a few hours. Since my house was bare I stopped at the store to re-stock on the basics.... you know like PEACHES! It's so good to be home! What are you doing this weekend? Are you going to Oktoberfest?

No comments:

Post a Comment