Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I am funny

My day started out way too early! Gus and Otis decided to double team me and 'bull' (they are both bulldogs!) doze me to the edge of the bed. Gus would NOT let me turn all night long. I think they were attempting to get under the covers but instead we all had a rough night. I also think they understand me when I tell them that there family is coming back. 

 
Otis passed out once I bundled him up. 


Gus was debating about falling back asleep.... he eventually did.
 
Work was work. My co-hort, Vicky, announced to everyone that she had submitted an application for a different position on our campus. She had talked to me about this prior and I'm happy that she has the opportunity to advance. I will no doubt miss her but at the same time I know she will thrive in the new position. 


(Vicky and I at work on Halloween 2011. Vicky's is the Wicked Witch of the West and I'm the Good Witch of the East)

I also met with a financial planner from Fidelity at work today. A Fidelity representative comes out at least one a year and talks to us one on one about retirement. I had officially set up my retirement stuff two years ago and thought nothing of it, except that now I was OFFICIALLY a grown up! At the time two years ago I felt confident with my decisions about my future but after today's meeting I feel like I have a black cloud hovering over me. The financial planner basically said that because off the crappy stock market and even crappier economy people born after August 1987 (me) would NOT be able to rely on social security!!!!! It's not 100% but pretty darn close to it! So, now I basically have to work myself to death so I can retire with jack shit! I'm honestly crushed that I'm paying for other people's retirement! He continued to lecture me on the benefits of going back to school. I can appreciate his point of view but I checked him so fast.... I was quick to inform him that getting a school loan is not an easy process and not everyone has support. I'm just feeling like I'm no longer working towards a goal. Just crushed about this for now :( 

At lunch time I ran to Roth's where I picked coffee and lunch for Brittany and I. Brittany stayed home sick so I was the delivery lady. We were able to chow down, sip yummy coffee and watch Bones. I was also able to see Toby... I haven't seen him in quite some time due to my busy house sitting schedule and I missed him terribly. Toby could have cared less about all of the pets I was giving him... he just wanted my lunch!

I was able to leave work a few minutes early (1st time in a LONG time) so I could shut down at Gus and Otis' house. I made it to Gussy Goo and Ottie Boddie's house where I washed the bedding, tidied up and packed my stuff. The dogs were cute the entire time but seemed a bit confused as to the whole situation. This was my first time with them and I hope that they liked me. I know I liked the little sweeties! 

After everything was all settled at G. and O.'s house I headed home. My sister, Heather, had a work meeting in town so she came over and we visited while I put all of my stuff away. It was fun to talk to her because I can tell her like it is and she gets where I'm coming from and she has the same reactions I do. When I talk to her she just understands me. We went to dairy queen for some munchies and the following conversations happened:

Heather: "Oh yum Blizzards! What flavor do you like?"
Me: "French Silk"
Heather: "What is french silk?"
Me: "French silk, duh"
Heather (slightly pissed): "What IS french silk?"
Me (confused as to why I have to explain this): "It's like a chocolately base with pie pieces"

Heather ordered me meal which of course included a drink....

Heather: "What do you want to drink?"
Me: "A blizzard"
Heather: "What do you want to drink?"
Me: "A blizzard"
Heather: "WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DRINK?"
Me: "I TOLD YOU A BLIZZARD"..... finally dawns on me....."ohhh, I don't know"
Heather: :You are getting lemonade"
Me: "Nice"

As we were waiting in line we both were cracking up at the whole process of our communication fiasco! 

Heather: "Whenever I'm around you, I'm cracking up!"
Me: "I am funny"
Heather: "No, really you make me laugh."
Me: "I told you, I'm fucking funny!"
Heather: "No... just blonde!" 
In unison we began laughing!

We head back to my house but stayed in the car chowing down on our blizzards exchanging funny stories. I'm so happy to have a sister who is protective, gets me, and is on the same page as me. It's a good feeling having someone in the world who understands you and won't try to change you. 


(Heather and I at Brandon's High School Graduation June 2011)

So, here I sit typing away and iPhoto is still being stupid so I still can't upload any NEW photos.... I'm sensing a call to my little brother tomorrow for tech support.... fair warning JoJo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment