Friday, September 13, 2013

Flaming Cow (Monday 9/9/13)

I woke up at the crack of dawn which had a few side affects...
#1 I was able to see that big orange thing in the sky slowly show itself.
#2 I was able to watch an entire news program-not having internet and being a news junkie is not nice but cable news will do for now.
#3 I told myself that because I woke up so early I deserved a strong coffee-which translated into 3 shots! Eek! The house I'm at has a cappuccino maker=heaven! This little baby is my new BFF. I wish I had one at my house!

On my way to the car (remember I’m still house siting in the boonies of West Salem with Buddy) the sky was over cast and the air was damp. I looked up the hill and saw a lone cow grazing quietly. I was completely shocked because the cow was on FIRE! I blinked twenty or so times shocked that the cow would be so calm while being on fire (I WOULD NOT BE CALM IF I WAS ON FIRE!!!) and that the farmer whom was close by wasn’t doing anything to all to help the the poor cow! Right as I was going to scream/run up the hill my left eye caught a glimpse of the sky. The heavens had barely parted and were shining a very bright ray of orange sun on the cow. I felt like a total idiot but I swear if you were there in the EXACT stop where I was you would have agreed that it was in fact a flaming cow.

Work was whirlwind of stress levels. I ended up working 8:00 am to 7:30 pm with a shortened lunch. Yuck! Every Monday I’m by myself so every week I get to play this crazy game of starting out my week typically on a rough note. I will say that today that several co-workers stepped up and helped me immensely but I really wish Mondays and I could be friends. Please tell me you have seen Office Space. Side note-I kept fantasizing today of the fax machine the same way the copy machine in the movie is handled. My co-worker that uses the fax machine the most laughed out loud when I sort of mentioned it.... don’t deny it.... you have thought about taking care of an inanimate object the same way! If you haven’t seen the movie then I lost you and you have no idea what I’m talking about. Watch it already!

On my way back to Buddy’s house all I could think of was how busy the day was and even if it was a hopelessly long day it didn’t completely suck. It could have defiantly turned out a million times worse! When I got to Buddy’s house it was in total darkness.... note to self leave at least the porch light on. And before you think I’m a horrible pet sitter you should know that Buddy has someone that plays with him all day, takes him for a car ride, and on a long hike. Buddy is living the life! I’m basically here to make sure Buddy doesn’t have nightmares! I ate a bowl of cereal and now here I am thinking of all of the things that did get done, all of the things that didn’t get done and everything in between.

I should also mention that my friend, Nicole, celebrates her birthday today. Happy birthday Nicole! Due to my long day and longer drive I wasn’t able to talk to her. I sent a text message which still to seems like a cop out. I guess though it’s better than nothing. We have been friends for quite some time. She’s is the keeper of many of my secrets, the Marvin to my Shelly, the one who broke my wrist (funny story)and a total sweetheart! Cheers lady! 



Valentine’s Day 2010


This is the place 2011


Pumpkin Patch 2012

May 2013

I probably have at least a million more pictures of us but these are a few of my favs! Again Happy Birthday Nicole!


I’m just happy that my Monday didn’t involve a fire extinguisher and a flaming cow. How was your Monday?

1 comment:

  1. Awe I miss you like crazy girly!!! Thanks for the birthday wishes! I wish we lived closer! Love you! Nikki

    ReplyDelete