Sunday, September 15, 2013

Orange Is The New Black

I find that the weekends are my opportunity to do one of two things:

A) Go outside and do something-meaning go for a long walk, hike, letterbox, or go for an adventure-I haven't done this in a LONG while

or

B) Sleep pretty much the entire weekend and watch netflix.

So, can you guess which one I did?

Big surprise here! B!

I find that lately with work and house sitting I need the ENTIRE weekend to reset myself and unwind. By the time I'm back to me it's Monday! Boo!

However this weekend wasn't a total bust. I talked to my friend Nicole for 3.5 hours. We were able to catch up one another on everything! I miss having her close by. 

My friend Brittany and her hubby, Kevin, brought me an elephant ear from Oktoberfest. It was delicious! If you have never had an elephant ear you are missing out! Elephant ears are not actually elephant's ears. That would be gross and wrong.... eww! The elephant ears I'm talking about are a piece of dough that is fried and then doused in cinnamon and sugar. It's not good for you but man oh man does it taste yummy! 

Seriously though this entire weekend involved me sleeping and watching Netflix. I watched the entire season of Orange Is The New Black. I do have to say that it was awesome! I realize that a lot of people wouldn't watch it but I liked the drama and all of the back stories. If you think you are up for it I recommend it. If you have seen the show who is your favorite character? Why? I like Crazy Eyes and CO Bennett. Now, I'm wanting to know when the next season is coming out!

The one productive thing I did this weekend was bake cookies. I used one of my favorite blog's, The Pioneer Woman, recipe for chocolate cookies. These are not just regular chocolate cookies.... these are AMAZINGNESS!!! Here ya go: chocolate cookie recipe. I opted not to post a photo because that would be mean to tease you. 

I was looking at my blog's stats and I don't who all of the readers are out there but THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for reading my blog! On Saturday morning I had 135 views and tonight I had 316 views! So, many views in such a short time! Like I said I don't know who you are but THANK YOU! This blog to me is a place where I can vent, ramble, laugh and share the occasional recipe ;) .

One more awesome thing: Pandora has a Disney section!?!? I know, I know, I know.... I'm 25. But seriously where has this been all my life!?!?! I'm currently listening to Mulan's A Girl Worth Fighting For.... A.W.E.S.O.M.E. 

Have a happy Monday-fingers crossed it won't totally suck. 

1 comment: