Saturday, September 7, 2013

Sucky few days

So, I'm still on a pumpkin kick.... It will last until Christmas at least! Please bare with me during this time. 

Friday at work was very difficult day for me personally. I can't say much because of HIPPA guidelines (it's pretty much a gag order) but I will say that some patient's stories affect us all a little differently and this one in particular is really pulling on my heart strings. For the most part I'm able to leave work at work but sometimes it really sucks and just makes me want to cry. I think that means that I do give a shit about what happened/will happen to our patients. Heavy sigh. The best cure for a rough day for most people would be to get a beer but since I don't drink I settled for a Shirley Temple.... don't laugh at me! I also talked to my sister, Heather, for awhile and that helped. Because of HIPPA (the gag order) I can't say anything and sometimes I feel like I'm left alone to worry in silence. I wonder if other health care professionals have this problem? After my pity party I went over to Brittany's house for dinner and then we went to Rhett's house (both co-workers) to decorate.

Decorate..... I got your attention! Rhett, Brittany and a few of their friends participated in the Warrior Dash in Hillsboro this morning. Rhett, Brittany and I decorated the van's windows and made a giant sign for the race. 

So, on Saturday morning I woke up at zero dark thirty=5:30 am! Good grief that is WAY too early! I don't think I have woken up that early on a Saturday morning in at least a few years! I had two coffees to try and help me wake up on the way to the race. The race is all about mud and obstacles. I was in charge of taking pictures, being a pack horse (as my Grandpa would say) and holding people's stuff. Basically I was a certified groupie. As I watched all of the participants at the race all I could think of was "damn it Melissa you will never be able to do this!" I felt like such a loser surrounded by people who were accomplishing something (yes-I know it's just a race) but I still felt that way. In between avoiding the bees, trekking through so much mud and moving all over the property I ended up ruing one of my favorite pairs of shoes. I will attempt to save them later this evening. Boo. On the way home I got another coffee trying to still wake up. 

At the present moment I'm grumpy for several reasons:
#1 iPhoto just crashed deleting a ton of photos-insert strong expletives!
#2 I have still not waken up despite THREE coffees
#3 The Friday issue at work is still pulling at my heart
#4 I'm feeling used/unappreciated with everything-life/work/home-EVERYTHING!
#5 Having to salvage my shoes
So, with that in mind I'm making an executive decision to have a good cry, get over it all and put on a happy face

No comments:

Post a Comment