Monday, September 30, 2013

Pumpkin Cream Pie

I found this recipe on a blog I love! I decided that it 
seemed simple enough.... well it almost was!

The recipe calls for one 3 ounce package of cook and serve vanilla pudding mix. Well all of the stores around me only have the 4.6 ounce kind. So, I decided that I only needed 2/3 of the package. So, I went back to elementary school and used a tablespoon to scoop 2 scoops in one pile and one scoop in another pile until I had 2/3 of the package. Weighing this would have been a lot EASIER but I don't have a kitchen scale..... hint-hint-Christmas is coming up!
 Instead of using milk the recipe calls for heavy cream and half and half. 

Dump 1/2 cup cream, 1 cup half and half and the measure 2/3 of the packaged vanilla cook and serve pudding mix to a pot. Wisk to combine over medium heat.

When it gets thick and bubbly turn off the heat. 

Add 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. The original recipe calls for a pinch of this and a pinch of that... I made it easier on myself.... I added 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice.

Stir it all up! Cover with a lid and place in fridge for a few hours to cool and set. 

While you are waiting dump 2 tablespoons brown sugar in a bowl with 1/2 cup heavy cream. 

Beat the heck out of it and put in fridge for later.

After everything is set gently fold whipped cream into pumpkin pudding mix. 

Pour into prepared graham cracker crust and refrigerate overnight. 

When ready to eat, take it a friend's house because it's nice to share. Top the pie with fresh whipped cream and dive in!

ENJOY! 

***I didn't use the whiskey and I used a store bought crust... GASP!***

No comments:

Post a Comment