Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Alfredo sauce

Sleeping in my own bed was GLORIOUS! I slept liked a baby... well babies don't actually sleep very well at all so.... I slept like someone who had too much too drink.... no they puke... hmmmm.... I guess I should say that I slept peacefully, sound-fully and felt so rested! Nothing like coming home!

While at work I decided that I would make homemade Alfredo sauce for fettuccine Alfredo for dinner but... it be would a healthy Alfredo! Brace yourself folks! Thanks to my sister for helping me while I was at the store trying to figure if I needed half and half or straight up cream.... I guess the sauce is slightly healthy!


So, here it goes folks....

Get every single pot or pan that you possibly own and get to cookin'!


Lower right: chicken, upper right: broccoli, upper left: 
pasta, and lower left: Alfredo sauce. 

Alfredo sauce:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 and 1/2 teaspoons crushed garlic (I use the stuff in the jar!)
1 and 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups steamed cauliflower
1 cup fresh parsley
Salt and pepper to taste

Melt butter over low to medium heat. Add cream. Stir while simmering for 5 minutes. Add cheese and garlic. Stir to combine and lower heat. 
In food processor add cauliflower, a smidgen of butter, a splash of cream, and dash of salt and pepper.


Mix to a pureed deliciousness in food processor. 


Add to Alfredo sauce. Stir to combine. Stir in fresh parsley! Keep warm while preparing other dishes. 



Plate like so: 



Inhale so fast that you almost get the hiccups! It was yummy! The cauliflower thickens the sauce without disrupting the flavor. I made extra and I'm happy to have this again tomorrow!

After dinner was done, dishes put away and my apple cider brewing I called my little brother to talk to him about my iPhoto issues. Of course once I had him on the phone everything worked just fine! Typical! I'm happy all is well! I was also able to catch up with him and talk about Christmas stuff. He's such a cool dude! Love this kid!



His first day as a freshmen (Fall 2012) and his bike had been stolen so I took him to get a new one... and we got ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment