Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Cooking marathon

Oh my goodness my Saturday was busy! My morning began by making Linda and I breakfast. We enjoyed these

After breakfast and after getting ready for the day Linda, Linda's son in law and myself all headed down to U-Haul to pick up a truck. We then headed over to a co-worker's storage unit where I got a desk and Linda got a stove. It was precarious getting the stove into the truck and then into the house but we did it! My new desk is the final puzzle piece to my new apartment and once it's all freshly painted I will post pictures of my new casa! 

Brandon and Becky were going to be stopping by on their way home to go back to school so I invited them over for dinner.  I spent the whole afternoon cooking a feast! I made spinach artichoke dip for our appetizer, roasted chicken, fettuccine with my Alfredo sauce, steamed broccoli and a spinach salad for our entree. For dessert we had cheesecake (I need to share my recipe with you sometime!) with fresh fruit and sparkling cider. 

My sister stopped by during dessert to see my new place. My siblings are blown away out how huge my new place is.... I'm still not used to it! 

After washing a million dishes and stocking Brandon and Becky's freezer with cookie dough and the quiche they were on their way. 

It was a busy day filled with way too many dishes but a yummy day indeed! How was your Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment