Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Quiche

I made a quadruple batch of quiche because I wanted one pie for myself and I wanted to send my little brother home with 3. Feel free to cut the recipe in fourths to make one quiche. Here is what I used:
  • 4 pre-made pie crusts
  • 4 Carrots grated
  • 8 cups spinach chopped
  • 1 Broccoli floret (approximately 1 cup) finely chopped
  • 1 Potato peeled and then grated
  • 1 yellow onion chopped and then lightly sauteed to caramelize in color
  • 2 cups roasted red bell pepper from the jar and then finely minced
  • 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
  • 4 cups shredded cheddar/jack cheese
  • 1 teaspoon each of Salt and pepper
  • 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
 First off prep your pie pans by placing your dough (I used pre-made pie crust, don't judge me!) in the pans and crimp the edges.
 The using a fork make a million and one holes in the dough. 
This will help with even baking.
 Crack 28 eggs.
 Add 4 cups milk
Add your veggies.
Add all of the above veggies, salt, pepper and garlic.
Add the 4 cups shredded cheddar/jack cheese. Set aside while 
you cook some turkey sausage links.
Once the links are cooked chop them up and let them cool for a 
bit. If they are too hot they will cook the eggs too quickly.
While the turkey sausage links are cooling pour the 
quiche batter into the pie pans.
Place the turkey sausage on top. The links sank into the 
batter for me but if they don't for you work 'em in.
Top with Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees then reduce to 350 degrees 
and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool and then serve while still warm.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment