Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Close calls

I am reminded of how watched over I actually am. Some days I have a hard time believing that it's true but today I was once again reminded. 

On my way to work I was stuck behind two large trucks who were moving slow so I decided to turn onto a back country road to go a different way towards work. It was cold outside and the ground was frosty but nothing that slowed me down, after all my drive thus far had been uneventful. Once on this back road I came around a corner and I instantly knew it was all black ice. The road was shaded from the sunshine by heavy brush cover so I knew what was going to happen. I was going to slide one way or another. I didn't hit my brakes becasue I knew that would make it worse instead I just went it. As I swerved a car from the other direction came around the corner and I continued to swerve into their lane. They were able to slow down and wait for me to stop spinning all over the lanes. I'm so grateful that I didn't go into the ditch or worse into them. 

Things happen in three for me. I can't explain it but things ALWAYS happen in threes for me. 

Once I had my wits about me I continued on my way and sure enough I hit ice again and ended up on the side of the road. This time however I ended up my side of the road. Luckily there was a filed that was flat and dry so my car treated it like a continuation of the road. I said a little pray in my head and trudged on. I made it to work and was grateful to be safe. Lesson learned.... stay on the beaten path.

Back to the whole things happen in threes for me. This one wasn't nearly as dramatic but none the less threes! 

I went to wash dishes so I grabbed my apron to put on. Inches before I slipped it over my head (keep in my mind it usually touches my face... trust remember this!) this caught my eye.... 
Do you see it????? Here's a close up...


OMG!!! I can barely stand to type knowing this picture is on my screen! Eww! To think it almost touched my face! Makes me shiver! 

I know some of my blessings are small and some are huge but I'm grateful for them. I'm also even more aware of how protected I am. Whomever is watching for me I'm glad they are there and hope they stick around for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment