Sunday, January 12, 2014

Turkey and Rice Soup

I decided to make some soup tonight. With all of this crazy weather soup was defiantly in order. It ended up being more of a stew consistently. Here it is:
Add a splash of extra virgin olive oil to the pot and saute' 4 carrots thinly sliced, 4 stocks of celery also thinly sliced and 1 whole yellow onion finely chopped.
 While the veggies are cooking microwave 1/2 cup a water until it's nearly boiling. Get your better than bullion ready too! Add 8 teaspoons bullion paste and stir to dissolve.
 I'm making a short cut here... I want to insure that the better than bullion is dissolved into the water so I'm adding a lot of bullion to a little bit of water so when I actually do add the water to the soup everything will mix nicely. I hope that makes sense.... it took way too long to type out to explain. Moving on....
 Once the veggies are limp add 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic 
and a heavy dash of salt and pepper.
 Now add the bullion and 7 and 1/2 cups water. 7 1/2 is to make an even 8 cups of water.... makes sense right? This pretty much the base to every soup I make. However, we are making turkey and rice so we must continue on.
Reduce the heat to a low simmer and add 4 cups 
chopped cooked turkey breast.
 Stir to combine.
 Add three cups white rice. I used the instant variety.
 Cover and let cook on low for 10 minutes.
 Stir and serve.
It's hearty but light. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment