Thursday, February 27, 2014

Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Remember how I make yummy stuff for my little brother and his girlfriend whom are both in college? Anyway this time I made them a double batch of red velvet white chocolate chip cookie dough for Valentine's day. Here's the how to:

In a large bowl sift together 4 and 1/2 cups flour, 5 tablespoons cocoa powder (I used dark chocolate cocoa powder), 3 and 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda and 1 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
 In a separate bowl cream together 2 sticks room temperature sweet cream butter, 12 tablespoons vegetable shortening (I used the butter flavored sticks) and 3 cups white sugar. Mix until light and creamy.
 Then add 2 eggs and 2 yolks, 3 teaspoons white 
vinegar, and 4 teaspoons vanilla.
 Next add 4 tablespoons red food coloring.
 Once the wet ingredients are red gently combine the 
wet and dry ingredients to make the dough.
 Here's my cookie dough almost ready.
 Now to make it even better add one 10 ounce bag 
of white chocolate chips and mix in.
Using my small cookie ball scooper (1 teaspoon) and baked up three cookies just see how they looked once baked. Before I popped them into the 375 degree oven I place three additional white chocolate chip onto each cookie.
Let them bake for 8 to 9 minutes.
I ended up making enough dough to make 4 dozen cookies for my little brother. I also gave my little brother another 10 ounce bag of white chocolate chips to press into the dough prior to baking. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment