Saturday, February 15, 2014

Lasagna

As I have mentioned before I like to make my little brother and his lovely girlfriend freezer meals as they are both in college. I decided to make them lasagna. Here's my recipe:

What I used (not all items pictured): 3 large cans spaghetti sauce, 10 cups fresh chopped spinach, 2 cups shredded mozzarella, 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan, 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend, (2) 8 ounces boxes of ready to bake lasagna noodles, non stick cooking spray, Italian parsley, crushed garlic, 4 eggs, salt, pepper, 1 pound ground turkey breast, (1) 8 ounce block of cream cheese, (1) 16 ounce container of cottage cheese, and (1) 32 ounce container of ricotta cheese. 
Cream together (1) 8 ounce block of cream cheese, (1) 16 ounce container of cottage cheese, and (1) 32 ounce container of ricotta cheese in a bowl.
 Add 10 cups chopped fresh spinach 2 cups shredded mozzarella, 
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan and mix in.
 Add 4 eggs, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon 
crushed garlic, 1 tablespoon Italian parsley and blend.

Cook the ground turkey. Set aside.
Divide the cheese/egg filling into two bowls. In one bowl add 
the ground turkey. I made my little brother's lasagna with meat 
and mine without.

Spray your pans. I used a 9X13 pan for my little brother and an 8X8 for myself.
Pour a little sauce in the bottom of each pan.
Spread all around. If you do not do this step your bottom layer will burn.
Add noodles. ***Remember to use the oven ready kind!!!***
Spread a layer of filling onto the noodles.
Then add a layer of sauce.
Add a layer of noodles.
Repeat with filling, noodles and sauce until almost at the top of 
the pan. Make sure you end with your last layer being sauce.
Top with shredded Italian cheese blend.
I had enough filling, sauce and noodles left to make (2) bread loaf size pans of lasagna. I know had I used the same size pans through all of this it would have exactly (2) 9x13 pans. I like the smaller sizes for me as I'm only one person, so it's more manageable.
My mess was actually minimal once I had a rhythm down.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes...
Or as I did freeze just about all of them. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment