Saturday, February 15, 2014

Happy


I woke up way too early today and it was by accident! I’m such a blonde sometimes… well most times! I was supposed to set my alarm for 7 am but instead I set it for 6 am. When I woke up I got ready for the day totally oblivious that I could have slept for another hour until I was all ready to go and looked at the clock. Then it hit me. Geez! I putzed around for an hour and then once I was back on track I headed to a little bakery to meet Vicky for breakfast. We were able to catch up and chat which was terrific! I just love her! After breakfast I headed to the farm animal sanctuary to volunteer. It was pouring rain but the animals still need care. I put my boots on, put my hair up, and went to work mucking out stalls, taking wheel barrels full of used hay to the compost pile, moved hay bales around and cleaned fresh veggies for the animals to snack on all in the pouring rain.
 Happy goat!
 Mrs. Watson coming to inspect our work after we cleaned out her pen.
 Our supervisors for the day, the barn cats.
 Just a tiny amount of mud that I ended up taking home with me.

When it was all over I was soaked, muddy, and sore but it’s the best feeling in the world. When I got into my car I switched the radio on and this came on. Perfect! I then headed to Katie (she’s a dog I will be house-sitting/pet sitting for soon) to get keys and get more information. Katie’s humans are friends with Buddy’s humans so that’s how we met. Anyway Katie is a little love bug that will be fun to play with. Once my meet and greet was over with Katie I came home I jumped in the shower to wash all the mud off. I somehow managed to get mud in my hair, talented? Yep, that’s me! How was your Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment